Q – How can I notify you of a defect?
A – For the A30/A35, A50 and M1-A1 you can call Highways England's Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000.

For the Carlisle Northern Development Route you can call 0845 6096609 and for the M77/Glasgow Southern Orbital you can call 0800 7830379.

Alternatively you can use the contact form here.


Q – How can I get in touch with a site office?
A – In the first instance please use the contact form on our home page or call 0207 121 3780 and we will be able to direct your enquiry from there


Q – How can I get in contact about the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route?
A – Please contact the AWPR team on 01698 741 940


Q – How can I contact someone about street lighting?
A – Please visit our street lighting page here. There are links to each of the project websites which list full contact details.


Q – What is Connect Roads responsible for?
A – Connect Roads is responsible for the operation, maintenance and improvements works on its routes, including:

  • incident response service;
  • highways, footway and cycleway general maintenance;
  • bridge general maintenance;
  • street lighting and road sign maintenance;
  • winter salting and snow clearance;
  • verge and landscape maintenance;
  • highway improvements and safety measures;
  • traffic management;
  • authorizing skips and scaffolding;
  • approving abnormal load movements;
  • technical surveys;
  • liaising with police, local authorities and utility companies;
  • liaising with residents and general public.